Better grip on parking in Delft
For the coming years, the city of Delft has set clear goals: the accessibility and the business climate of the city must be improved and this also includes providing up-to-date parking information. The municipality of Delft wants to get a better grip on parking in order to control parking behaviour of visitors and residents and to make better use of available parking spaces in the Prinsenhof, Zuidpoort and Markt parking garages. In addition, the municipality wants to drastically reduce search traffic in the city centre due to the many road works surrounding the railway station, the expansion of a tram connection and the replacement of bridges.
To realize these mobility challenges, Monotch created a user-friendly parking platform for Delft with functionalities such as:
- display of available parking spaces in the Prinsenhof, Zuidpoort and Markt parking garages owned by the municipality of Delft;
- reservation of parking spaces in parking garages Prinsenhof, Zuidpoort and Markt, either via the municipal website http://www.parkingdelft.com/ or via an app;
- display of dynamic parking charges for the parking garages;
- possibility for combination offers during events. Based on a real-time link with the parking management systems of the garages;
- making public parking facilities accessible to permit holders (residents and visitors to residents) based on reservations;
- possibility of paying directly for the reserved parking space.
The parking portal https://www.parkingdelft.com/ is now live and provides a clear overview of the available parking spaces, the rates and also has a reservation and payment option.
Expansion for service providers and final destinations
The parking platform will also be expanded with functionalities for service providers and other Delft final destinations. The platform then connects parking facilities of parking providers and makes it possible to resell parking spaces through service providers and then to offer reservations and bookings via apps and websites.